I distinctly remembering enjoying my mom’s cottage cheese pancakes while growing up. This recipe is an adaptation exchanging ‘wheat flour’ for arrowroot starch. After playing around with the recipe, here is what I came up with! Enjoy!
Yield: 9 large pancakes
- 2 cups dry cottage cheese
- 4 organic/free range eggs
- ½ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup grated asiago or parmesan cheese (optional)
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Using a stainless steel skillet, fry in unflavored coconut oil (about 10 minutes). Flip when you see a slight browning.
Note: The unflavored coconut oil I use and recommend is Wilderness Family Naturals expeller pressed coconut oil.
Serve with butter and real maple syrup – yummy!
You can make a bunch and keep in the fridge for about 5 days. To reheat, using a skillet, simply melt about 1 Tbsp of butter or coconut oil, a little water and Celtic salt. Then place your premade pancake and let it warm up for about 1 minute. Cover with lid.
- Stocking Your Kitchen – Your Fit ‘n Healthy Kitchen Part 2 - July 5, 2017
- Your Fit ‘n Healthy Kitchen Part 1: Clear Out Your Cupboards - June 26, 2017
- Ease Your Way Into The Plan – Start here - June 17, 2017
- How to Eat to Get Slim and Sexy for Summer - May 23, 2017
- Your first step to Fit ‘n Healthy: Set your foundation - May 14, 2017
- May – A Fresh New Start. Will you join me? - May 14, 2017
- Natural remedy for a cold and flu - April 30, 2017
- 3 Biggest Mistakes When Trying to Lose 30 plus Pounds - April 23, 2017
- Fit n Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe – helps to lose weight and detox - April 18, 2017
- Just fruit for breakfast while on a cleanse? Good or bad idea? Find out here! - April 12, 2017