I distinctly remembering enjoying my mom’s cottage cheese pancakes while growing up. This recipe is an adaptation exchanging ‘wheat flour’ for arrowroot starch. After playing around with the recipe, here is what I came up with! Enjoy!
Yield: 9 large pancakes
- 2 cups dry cottage cheese
- 4 organic/free range eggs
- ½ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup grated asiago or parmesan cheese (optional)
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Using a stainless steel skillet, fry in unflavored coconut oil (about 10 minutes). Flip when you see a slight browning.
Note: The unflavored coconut oil I use and recommend is Wilderness Family Naturals expeller pressed coconut oil.
Serve with butter and real maple syrup – yummy!
You can make a bunch and keep in the fridge for about 5 days. To reheat, using a skillet, simply melt about 1 Tbsp of butter or coconut oil, a little water and Celtic salt. Then place your premade pancake and let it warm up for about 1 minute. Cover with lid.
- Easy Oven Baked Mixed Fall Veggies - October 21, 2017
- First Aid Kit Essentials For Travel – Part 4 of 4 - October 17, 2017
- EASY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - October 14, 2017
- EASY APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - October 7, 2017
- EASY BBQ SALMON RECIPE - September 29, 2017
- Best Lentil Vegetable Soup – with Kale! - September 9, 2017
- Fat Burning Beverages – with recipe! - August 31, 2017
- Top Supplements For Healthy Travel – Part 2 of 4 - August 28, 2017
- Lose 20 lbs fast breakfast recipe - August 21, 2017
- Cost-Effective Time-Saving Tips To Staying Slim For The Summer And Eating Well - August 18, 2017