Interested in knowing which beverages keep you fat burning?
The fat burning beverages listed below are designed to be used in conjunction with intermittent fasting or fasting for longer periods of time.
Engaging in fasting or intermittent fasting has great weight loss benefits.
Before I dive into your list of Fat Burning Beverages, lets touch upon this concept of fasting.
Intermittent fasting – your gateway to fat burning
What is intermittent fasting?
The term intermittent fasting simply means taking a break from eating.
How long you do this varies widely. From 12 hrs to 14 days to even 3 months. There really are, no ‘best ways’.
They all work to different degrees for different people. Just know that neither is ‘right’ or ‘wrong’. It’s all a personal preference.
I have to admit, I am a fan of ‘intermittent fasting’
I personally practice regular intermittent fasting, by taking a break from food for about 14 hrs from the time I finish dinner to the time I have my breakfast. I also make sure I don’t snack and only stick to my 2 to 3 meals a day.
Fat Burning Beverages
Only certain beverages can be consumed when looking to ‘burn fat as fuel’, and these are water, tea and coffee.
It is important to start your day with 1 litre of filtered water when engaging in any fat loss strategy.
For optimal fat burning, make sure to consume the rest of your water requirements throughout the day, which is 1 litre of water for every 50 lbs of body weight, at a minimum.
What you can add to your water to stay fat burning
- Powdered clay (my personal favorite)
- Slices of other fluids (careful not eat the fruit itself or consume fruit juice)
- Vinegar (raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar)
- Himalayan salt (try 1/2 tsp)
- Chia and ground flaxseed (1 tbsp)
What to avoid in your water (takes you out of fat burning)
- Sweetened powdered or drops (even if they say ‘sugar-free’)
Keep your coffee intake to a moderate level (1-2 cups) and consume before 11 am for best sleep.
For top health benefits, choose the dark variety and use a bodum or french press, or make without paper filters. Making your coffee this way helps turn the brain on for best concentration and focus too.
What you can add to your coffee to stay fat burning
- Coconut oil
- Medium chain triglycerides *MCT oil’)
- Butter (preferably ‘grass fed’)
- Heavy whipping cream (35% fat)
- Half and half
- Whole, organic milk
- Ground cinnamon
What to avoid in your coffee (takes you out of fat burning)
- Low fat and skim milk
- Powdered dairy products
- Natural and artificial sweeteners of any kind
Enjoy unlimited herbal tea during your fasting period. There are a variety of teas that can help suppress your appetite, lower your blood sugar, or are otherwise beneficial.
I personally drink herbal tea between meals and after dinner every day. i also enjoy chewing ‘spry’ gum alongside to help me feel satisfied after eating. This helps me to eat until only 80% full – then stop.
Green tea – good appetite suppressant
Cinnamon Chia Tea – can help lower blood sugar levels, great to stop ‘sugar cravings’.
Peppermint Tea – good appetite suppressant, helps digest foods (easy to grow in pots yourself).
Bitter Melon Tea – can help lower blood sugar levels.
Black Tea – can help lower blood sugar levels.
Oolong Tea – can help lower blood sugar levels, has demonstrated to help with fat loss.
Enjoy your herbal teas both hot and cold.
What you can add to your herbal tea to stay fat burning
Same as coffee, see above
What to avoid in your herbal tea (takes you out of fat burning)
Same as coffee, see above
Much credit for this information goes to Jason Fung, MD for his information outlined in ‘The Complete Guide to Fasting’.
Now that I’ve outlined the best fat burning beverages, check out one of my favorite morning ones.
Fat Burning, Brain Stimulating Coffee Recipe
Coffee with added fat has become very trendy in recent years. For best fat loss results, consume it on an empty stomach in the am, followed by a 20 min walk outside, sunglasses off, and before having breakfast.
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1-2 Tbsp of grass fed butter or heavy cream
- Add coconut oil, MCT oil and/or grass fed butter or heavy cream to your coffee.
- Mix with a fork or spoon until creamy. Enjoy!
Please make sure to share this with your friends and family.
Stay tuned for my up and coming ‘6 Weeks to Slim & Sexy’ on line webinar course – coming October 2017!
For more, healthy recipes to keep you Fit n Healthy, check out my book The Fit ‘n Healthy Plan – The Healthy Diet & Lifestyle Plan Made Easy!
- First Aid Kit Essentials For Travel – Part 4 of 4 - October 17, 2017
- EASY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - October 14, 2017
- EASY APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - October 7, 2017
- EASY BBQ SALMON RECIPE - September 29, 2017
- Best Lentil Vegetable Soup – with Kale! - September 9, 2017
- Fat Burning Beverages – with recipe! - August 31, 2017
- Top Supplements For Healthy Travel – Part 2 of 4 - August 28, 2017
- Lose 20 lbs fast breakfast recipe - August 21, 2017
- Cost-Effective Time-Saving Tips To Staying Slim For The Summer And Eating Well - August 18, 2017
- Berry Delicious Super Green Smoothie – Start the day burning fat! - August 11, 2017