I distinctly remembering enjoying my mom’s cottage cheese pancakes while growing up. This recipe is an adaptation exchanging ‘wheat flour’ for arrowroot starch. After playing around with the recipe, here is what I came up with! Enjoy!
Yield: 9 large pancakes
- 2 cups dry cottage cheese
- 4 organic/free range eggs
- ½ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup grated asiago or parmesan cheese (optional)
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Using a stainless steel skillet, fry in unflavored coconut oil (about 10 minutes). Flip when you see a slight browning.
Note: The unflavored coconut oil I use and recommend is Wilderness Family Naturals expeller pressed coconut oil.
Serve with butter and real maple syrup – yummy!
You can make a bunch and keep in the fridge for about 5 days. To reheat, using a skillet, simply melt about 1 Tbsp of butter or coconut oil, a little water and Celtic salt. Then place your premade pancake and let it warm up for about 1 minute. Cover with lid.
- BEST EVER CELERIAC AND BEAN SOUP - January 10, 2018
- Be Productive with Goal Setting: Goal setting made simple - January 1, 2018
- 6 Major Players To Balancing Hormones And Getting Lean - December 12, 2017
- FIT N HEALTHY ENERGY BAR RECIPE - December 4, 2017
- The #1 Secret To Balancing Hormones And Getting Lean - December 1, 2017
- HORMONE BALANCING SMOOTHIE - November 19, 2017
- How do some people eat more and stay lean? - November 18, 2017
- GREEN GODDESS REJUVENATING SOUP - November 11, 2017
- GET NATURAL SUNLIGHT: BURN FAT, BALANCE HORMONES, AND RECHARGE ENERGY - November 11, 2017
- EASY BREAKFAST APPLE MUFFINS - November 4, 2017