Increasing Raw Vegetables By Salad Making Is The Cornerstone To Anyone Looking To Improve Their Body Shape And Wellness
Incorporating a delicious, colourful salad, is a good daily habit, on your Fit ‘n Healthy Plan.
To help customize it to your own taste, here is my ‘Salad Making 101’ Recipe.
Step 1: Start with salad greens
You can pretty much use anything for salad greens. Choose seasonally grown greens for the highest in nutritional value.
Common greens found at your grocery market: Romaine Lettuce, Red Leaf Lettuce, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Arugula, Kale, Mustard Greens, Celery Tops, Beet Greens, Turnip Greens, and Brussels Sprout Greens.
Seasonal greens found wild in your neighborhood (free): Dandelion Greens, Plantain, Sheep Sorrel, Lamb’s Quarters, and Purslane.
Step 2: Add your colours
Colorful vegetables contain powerful phytochemicals. These are powerful substances that turn on your ability to burn fat, increase energy and prevent illness.
Choose from these rainbow assortments:
RED: Bell Peppers, Beets, Radishes, Tomatoes, Onions (red).
YELLOW AND LIGHT GREEN: Bell Peppers (yellow), Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Chives.
ORANGE: Bell Peppers (orange), Carrots, Beets (orange).
PURPLE: Bell Peppers (purple), Beets (purple), Cabbage (purple).
Step 3: Make your dressing
Choose your healthy fat:
FAT: Flax, Olive, Avocado, Coconut Milk, Avocado.
SOUR: Lemon or Lime Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar, Balsamic Vinegar.
SWEET: Dates, Raisins, Prunes, Figs, Strawberries, Papaya, Berries, Mango, Apple, Apricot, Pear, Peach.
SPICY: Crushed Garlic, Smoked Chili Pepper, Ginger, Cayenne, Curry.
SALTY: Dulse, Kelp, Himalayan or Celtic Salt.
Step 4: Choose your flavor
Choose from this selection of international flavors:
JAMAICAN: Thyme, Garlic, Black Pepper, Allspice, Onion, Ginger, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cayenne Pepper.
MOROCCAN: Coriander, Caraway, Cinnamon, Allspice, Red Pepper Flakes.
ITALIAN: Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic.
RUSSIAN: Dill, Parsley, Scallion, Garlic, Coriander, Caraway.
THAI: Cilantro, Lemongrass, Cumin, Curry, Ginger, Coconut.
Add crushed nuts and seeds for crunch or sundried tomatoes for a more chewy texture.
Turn your salad dressing into a dip by using less oil and vinegar and place in blender.
For more, healthy recipes to keep you Fit n Healthy, check out my book The Fit ‘n Healthy Plan – The Healthy Diet & Lifestyle Plan Made Easy!
Please be sure to share this blog with anyone else you know struggling to get Fit n Healthy!
- The Book Launch Was A Great Success – Good Job - December 4, 2017
- What A Great Book Launch – It Was Really Lovely! - December 4, 2017
- I Loved Your Book Signing Party – A Wealth Of Knowledge - December 4, 2017
- My First Six Weeks to Fit n Healthy On Michale’s Program - December 4, 2017
- I Am Keeping It All straight With The Diet Program - October 12, 2017
- A Diet Plan With Fast Results – The Fit ‘n Healthy Program Works! - October 12, 2017
- I Am Grateful – I Sincerely Appreciate What You Do - October 12, 2017
- Major Health Improvements – I Finally Made The Call And Got Help - October 12, 2017
- Severe Stomach Pains To Happily Eating Again And No Pain! - September 26, 2017
- Consuming Whole Foods – A Whole New lifestyle – Skyrocketing Energy! - September 26, 2017